Nothing better in the cool days of Autumn or the Cold days of Winter than a big piping hot bowl/cup of soup. I can hardly wait for those first cold days to fire up the huge cooking kettle to make my self some home made soup. Yes I make a lot extra so I can freeze it for later meals... I recently made a huge pot of Roast Beast Stew.. My favorite soup....It was so yummy... I had it at home for lunches and dinners.. I even took it to work and everyone loved it. My next favorite soup is Baked Potato soup.... Here is a great recipe... enjoy ;)
LOL anyone that knows me .. its Forget the Low Fat anything .. give me the real stuff...
This would be great served with some yummy home made bread.. or some corn muffins.
Recipe from Savorthesenses.
|Loaded Baked Potato Soup|
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 lbs small Yukon gold potatoes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions (divided)
- 6 bacon slices (cooked & crumbled)
- salt (to taste)
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until soft (about 25 minutes).
- Set aside 1/2 pound of the cooked potatoes.
- Mash the remaining potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the flour in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat, then slowly add the milk, whisking until well blended.
- Continue to cook the milk over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8-10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove the soup from heat and stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup green onions. Add additional salt to get desired taste.
- Return the soup to medium heat and continue to cook until heated through (about 10 minutes). Do not let the soup boil.
- Cut the reserved potatoes into small cubes and divide the soup into serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with a few potatoes, cheese, green onions and bacon bits to serve.