Saturday, April 11, 2015

I am addicted....to Korean Dramas

I spend a good deal of my time watching them. Only draw back is you have to read subtitles and you have to read fast!!! I find its much easier to watch them on my Ipad vs the computer. I also like to watch other types of movies where I have to read subtitles. I wonder if its because my brain works faster than the actors can speak. Reading the subtitles keeps my brain from working faster.. anyone that knows me in person knows exactly what I am talking about... who knows but I love this medium of film. 
If you haven't watched one yet you should try one on
 Netflix or Hulu... 
you can even watch them for free at....
DramaFever
Below from Wikipedia is an excerpt of what Korean dramas are all about...
Korean drama (Hangul한국드라마RRhanguk deurama) or K-drama refers to televised dramas in the Korean language, made in South Korea, mostly in a miniseriesformat, with distinctive features that set it apart from regular Western television series or soap operas. Korean dramas can be set in contemporary times or in historical settings, the Korean word for the latter being sageuk (사극). Different genres apply to these two types, from romantic comedies and action series to fusion science fictiondramas.
South Korea started to broadcast television series in the 1960s. Today's mini deurama format of 12–24 episodes started in the 1990s, transforming traditional historical series to this format and creating the notion of "fusion sageuks". Korean dramas are usually shot within a very tight schedule, often a few hours before actual broadcast.Screenplays are flexible and may change anytime during production, depending on viewers' feedback, putting actors in a difficult position. Production companies often have financial issues.
Korean dramas are popular worldwide, partially due to the spread of the Korean wave, with streaming services that offer multiple language subtitles. Some of the most famous dramas have been broadcast via traditional television channels; for example, Dae Jang Geum (2003) was sold to 91 contrites.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a intresting article. I'm glad there are other people in the world who are addicted to kdramas like myself. :)