Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Pitty



My posts have been so far and few between since I had my neck fusion. I thought I would tell everyone that The Pitty is alive and well and still as spoiled as ever. She has taken a notion to sleeping on moms special 150 dollar gel pillows. I guess you can only sleep on one Right?? I have noticed she is sleeping more and more each day. She gets a bit grumpy if she doesn't get her naps in now.... I try to let her sleep...... I don't want one of the seven dwarfs looking at me all grumpy. 


My expensive pillows are to help keep my neck flat so there is less pain... at night when I sleep. LOL some days they feel like a big brick.... but other days they seem to help. I know one thing for certain.... The Pitty really likes them... if she likes them then they were worth the money :O)
She wants it her way... the pillow must be long ways running down my back as I lay on my side... she then snuggles down into the edge of the pillow and my back... if I move the pillow she is walking all over me until I fix her pillow right.... its like no mom the bed is wrong... fix it!!!
If I turn toward her and the pillow, she will snuggle down under my arm and put her nose on my face to go to sleep.... I have to admit...... I quite like this way of sleeping ... except the hot little dog breath... which by the way most of the time has that faint odor of Gingerbread cookies on it... :O) I wonder if that has to do with... they are her favorite snacky bones.... next to her fried banana snackys.
Its hard for me to believe she will be 10 years old this spring.... it seems just like yesterday she came into my life all small and sweet, needing to be fed every 4 hours... So small she was about 1/2 lb in size and fit right in the top pocket of my shirt... which she was immediately dubbed the pocket pup.....



She was so small she would play on the couch.... that little stripped toy on the left is a baby rattle... you can see how small The Pitty was next to it....  She came to live with me when she was 12 weeks old. The breeder did not want her or her siblings to go any sooner because they were so small.... LOL people use to laugh at me...because the baby had a diaper bag for all her needs when she was small. I use to get up in the middle of the nite to feed her. The vet said that she was so small she needed to eat about every 4 hours to keep her from having hypoglycemia... which could cause serious health problems for her.... yes she was spoiled then and still spoiled now....


The Pitty has lived like a queen with me .... I personally don't know any puppy that has been as loved and as spoiled as she has been in my life.... I know I will continue to spoil and love her until the day we must say goodbye... but for me I am hoping against hope there is another 10 wonderful years with her....


3 comments:

Calicojoan said...

So glad to hear your both well. Hope you get some relief soon and can start stitching and blogging again.

Cloudy Stitches said...

She's such a beautiful girl, it's proven if they have a good happy life they live a long time xxx Amanda

Val said...

She's just precious! Hope you feel better soon.