Monday, June 13, 2011

Yummmmmmmmmy

I know everyone is going to be shocked my recipe this time is not Chocolate... Contrary to popular belief I do like other things besides Chocolate. One would not know this from all the Chocolate Recipes that I post here at APP's. I thought, I would show you an awesome idea along with a super simple dessert to serve to your loving family. My mind is running wild with all the super easy things that could be baked in these sweet little jars. Raise your hands how many of you like Peach Crisp/Cobbler... (this would be very easy to make too) Peach Crisp happens to be one of my favorite sweets. I use to make them all the time when there was family living at home. Now that I am round and voluptuous..... I try to stay away from a lot of desserts.
I do love looking at a good dessert ;) 
Aren't these pretty?

 The following Recipe was obtained from My Baking Addiction 


Simple Cherry Crisp in Jars
yield | 4 servings
Ingredients
  • 3 cups canned or fresh cherry pie filling
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Evenly divide cherry pie filling between 4 individual oven-safe ramekins or jars.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine, flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
  4. Evenly distribute the crumble topping on top of each individual servings.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
  6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Make these cherry crisps extra special by topping each serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

You can purchase these sweet little jars HERE.

Homemade Cherry Pie Filling

 Ingredients:

5 to 6 cups fresh pitted cherries, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds ( I used Bing)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Preparation:

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries, water, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Stir in almond extract. Cool slightly before using as a topping.

Notes:

-If using sour cherries, you will need to adjust the amount of sugar. I’d recommend starting about ¾ cup and working your way up if more sweetness is needed.
-Refrigerate leftover fresh cherry pie filling in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
-I have not tried freezing this cherry pie filling, but if you do, please let me know.
-Recipe adapted from about.com

RECIPE OBTAINED FROM:
My Baking Addiction

1 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

How delicious! The cherry crisp looks just wonderful, and those little jars and too cute! I might have to think up something that needs jars just to have an excuse to get them!

Imagine how good that cherry crisp would be with a little chocolate drizzled over it! MMMMmmmmm good!

MGM