Friday, February 8, 2013

Up-Cycle time again

Hello my sweet readers.. I want to first thank everyone for all their kind words and notes letting me know that I have been kidnapped and held in Scotland... I hope the problem is corrected now, and you won't receive any more emails... I am so sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced from that email....

As most of my readers know that Winter is not my friend.. nor is it a good time of the year for me..what with the usual aches and pains.. I still have pain from the surgery. The pain from the surgery is getting better... slowly but surely :O) The little ole nerves are just slow to wake up!

I have been trying for the life of me to get my MoJo back on... but so far this is it....

I did have a few days where I felt up to sewing so I decided to take a Hospital Scrub that I had and made myself a new tote bag. I am always taking things to Big Daddy O's and Momma Bears. I thought it was about time I had a new Book bag for it.

The tote is fully lined with tons of pockets on the inside.. the band across the bottom is separated by three pockets. I even used the original pocket on the back of the tote. I wanted accent colors bright to match the whimsical cute little Children on the fabric. The tote handles are made with my famous easy peasy construction.... Ms Nadine loves how I make my handles ;O) She has used this method several times on her own recent projects.... I hope you enjoy this fun Up-cycled project :O)

5 comments:

Calicojoan said...

So glad to hear that those pesky Scots have let you out of the country before I mail them your ransom money!!! LOL!! Gheez, people need to get a life. What a pain to change passwords, etc. I see your mojo is coming back!! Yeah!

MyCretanlife said...

I got one too. I have heard of this scam before so knew all about it. Seemed strange for you to ask me for $2000 + dollars when I live in England. Some folk will try anything to make a fast buck. Hope no one fell for it. selkop 8446

Cheryl said...

I too have used scrubs in several projects. I get mine at a local thrift shop. How do you make your handles? I too, haven't felt much like sewing.but just today I made Valentine bibs for 2 cute little girls who will be celebrating their first Valentine.

Unknown said...

I will have to think on that one Cheryl .. I have made them so long. I don't know how to explain the measurements.. I'll look on line and see if anyone else is doing them the same. I am sure there are people out there that make them like me.. it's so darn simple ;O)

Beansieleigh said...

Long time, no see! Got my sewing machine out recently (yesterday, actually!).. And had a couple of things I wanted to make on it. One was a scissor holder, and the next which I'm still working on is a rag doll!.. Made me think of you, and so I stopped by! Don't know how I lost touch, but LOVE your new tote bag! So SWEET! Hope you're still making rag dolls? I still love them! ~tina