Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another week gone already???

This is the Oleo Ranch on Sunday the Second day of spring..
Sat the 20th of March was the first day of spring!
Can you believe we got snow.. the weatherman said we were to get 9-12 inches but I think we only ended up with about 6 total. The sun has came out and the snow is melting rapidly. It snowed quite a bit Friday and into Sat afternoon. A lot of it melted away Sat afternoon and much more today. Yes ladies this is typical weather for Oz Ks.
Wow I can not believed it.... another week has went by and I haven't done a thing in the sewing room. I tell you this being sick has really put a damper on my energy. Work has really picked up and it keeps me hopping, by the time I get home at night.... I don't even feel like blogging either. LOL one of my followers said... hey come on your slacking I miss your posts.. you use to post everyday.. sometimes twice a day :) LOL I just have to say maybe I am just setting you up for this summer when I will be busy around the house. I am going to have to spend a lot of my time painting the outside of the house this spring and summer. Its bare down to the wood in some places where the paint has chipped off so badly. I don't want to loose the wood siding by not doing any thing about the peeling paint. The wood deck needs to be re-stained this year too. I sort of stopped on my life style changes .. since I have not felt good. I need to get back to doing the things on that list. I will be outside building a storage shed in the next month or two. I have a lot planned for the next few months so I will be busy doing that stuff :) Which means the blogging might be less than it is now. Sorry... when you live alone it takes longer to do things.... :(
Speaking of doing things... if your Owl or Holly Jolly blocks are not received by the last day of this month... I will have to ship them back.. I am going to sort all blocks and have them shipped out shortly after that. So if you are still making blocks.. get the lead out and get a move on!! ;)
I am trying to wait as patient as I can!!! Oh yes if you owe me money for postage for the first block group sent..... some postage is still out standing.. please pay by my donate button here on the blog. Thank you that would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Now on to some really bad news for my followers and swappers. I have decided that I am no longer going to hold swaps on my blog, or at least for a while. I have had some really bad results with this last swap and it has really soured me as being a swap Mommy. I have had problems in the past .. but not like this swap. I am so sorry if you have been good to your word on my swaps. We all know the old adage that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Well there was more than one bad apple in my last swap. I have been disappointed and I know that some of my swappers are disappointed too... because I am getting several emails of inquiry regarding the blocks.
Finally
If your like me.. I love the Fall Holidays....I know this not holding swaps may not last for me. I have so much fun holding them.. but for now... I am not holding any. Although ....Everyone knows I love Halloween!! I will have to hold a swap for that for sure.. so keep checking back.. I hope to do something new and exciting for that swap. If you have any good ideas please send me an email with your suggestion.
Lastly I am always up for a PVT swap.. so if your interested in trading just give me a shout. If I can meet the request on time... I will try :)
Thanks and I am so sorry to disappoint those of you that love to participate in my swaps.

6 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

It sounds like you have a really busy summer planned. I'll miss your posts. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be doing more swaps; they're always such fun. Since I'm in the Holly Jolly swap, it's easy to see that they're causing you a lot of difficulty. I hope your health problems are past now so that you can get back to your normal activities.

JKW said...

Halloween sounds good to me. Whew, I know what you mean, when it's just You and no one else, it's all on your plate. Take care of yourself, I will miss you, but won't leave you. Many Blessings, Janet

Kathy said...

Hope you are fully recovered soon! Maybe the spring air will help!!

How about a Halloween pillow swap??

Sherry said...

I sure do understand why you want to take a brake on bring the host mommy. I sure hope you will keep me in mind when you do get back to swapping again I would love to join with your swaps. I don't know what a PVT swap is could you let me know.
Thanks for all the work your doing.
Sherry

JudyCinNC said...

APP, I love your swaps and people who do not follow through with their commitments, hardships aside, is probably my number one pet peeve. I think their names should be published on the "Beware of the FLUNKY Swappers". Just my opinion from Judy C

Becky said...

Dear APP,

Do not worry yourself. We all understand. I especially appreciate your candor.

Much love to you!!!!!!!!!!