Friday, March 20, 2015

Sewing tips links

Speaking of The Great British Sewing Bee..... I thought I would provide my sewing friends 
with a link for some great sewing tips.

40 sewing hack, tips, & tricks that you should know from: Andrea's Notebook
There you will find:
How to iron a hem
Installing zippers (regular and invisible)
Lengthening or shortening a pattern
Making bias tape
Pre-washing fabric tips
Sewing elasticated fabrics
How to sew a perfect circle

Etc etc etc etc.......

I would like to share with you some ...... 
Wonderful and fun free patterns I found out there in cyber world...

I have noticed recently that there is a huge interest in making your own travel cases. 
The patterns come in all shapes and sizes..... from cosmetic bags to coach bags. 
Speaking of sewing your own travel bags...
 I found this fantastic free Duffle Bag Pattern at: Robert Kaufman


An Urban travel bag at: Bag'n-telle
It would be great for your commute to work. Fantastic for holding your tablet or notebooks. 
It could substitute for a great bag for your weekend staycations....
or over-niters at a friends house.


My last adorable duffle I found is a very cute and versatile duffle back pack for children. 
I found the free tutorial at Thread Riding Hood, from Made by Me Monday. 


Speaking of sewing....... here is a very functional and cute quilted take along tote for your sewing needs. This great take along tote pattern was found at JoAnn's web site. 


Lastly for my sweet sewing friends I found this very different and adorable thread catcher.  Please click HERE to see the tutorial and pattern on how to make this cute and functional catcher.



0 comments: