Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Clever Ideas

Since I am sitting here melting in the 111* heat ... with just a small fan on me.... I thought I would post a few fun ideas...It's not so hot if I am just vegging out in a chair ;)

 I always get a smile when I see little children's chalk drawing on the sidewalks... Here is a fun tutorial on how to make your own chalks that spray out of a bottle ;)

Chalk Spray @ Infarrantly Creative.

 Such bright vivid colors just what us kids like to see and play with ;)

One can always use fun ideas to keep our little ones busy while traveling in the car.. this is a fantastic idea.

On the Go Activity Book @ At Second Street.

Book closed
 The fun activity pages inside the book.

 Here would be a very quick fun giftie for one of your sewing friends.
I made very cute sewing repair kits one year for Christmas that I gave my friends, that were made out of potholders. I had scissors, needle threader, threads, needles and thimble in mine.. they were a real hit with my friends.

Potholder Traveler Sewing Kit @ Obsessively Stitching.


 I am always in the need of inspiration.. you will find some wonderful fun projects at this site . 
Who doesn't need new ideas???
Fun photos of Patch work Items...@ ShamsandCoverups.


 I don't drink Coffee.. but I do have a coffee pot for visitors that drink coffee... I have one of those metal reusable filters for mine.. but this looks so much better.. 
When it gets old and yucky just throw it away and make a new one!!
Easy Peasy!!
Reusable coffee filters from ECAB.


 I am forever and always getting all my bobbin threads tangled up.. I keep them in a fun fancy rope bowl that was given to me as a Pressie from one of my followers.. but this my dear ones .. looks likes the answer to all my woes!!
Hand Crafted Bobbin Holder on Craft Snob.


What a fun idea and looks so very easy and fast :)
 Coin purse from Shirt Cuff @ Craftzine.


The best is saved for last....... I Love these.. I am going to have to make a ton of these for Christmas gifts this year.. Nadine.. I have found the easy way to make you that scrap bin I promised you... :)
 Denim Do-it-All-Bins @ Craftzine


Below are some really cute examples my friend Zada made of this project.  I adore these aren't they a cute? A really good way to use up those old denim legs....... from the pants you have cut off for shorts?

Great job Zada!!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sorry you are melting. Thanks for sharing these ideas with us. They are so cute. Oj yes, I finished my skirt yesterday and wore it today. It didn't fall apart and I wasn't stuck by a straggling pin so it was a winner. Even got several compliments on it.

Barb said...

Clever ideas....stay cool!!

angelsister1951 said...

hope the cool air comes quickly and thanks for sharing all these wonderful cutie ideas... going on retreat this week and now i have to go repack my fabric to fit in a few of these.... be still my heart.. the next post with the cinnamon bread ... omg... what are you doing to me... haha now i have to go into the summer basement kitchen and make that..well thinking of ya stay cool my friend... and thank you for all you do to bring a bit of sunshine into our day...
ter( past xmas block swapper)

retrorevival.biz said...

Thanks for sharing the clever ideas. I especially like the coin purse! Hope you catch a break from the heat soon:)

~Cindy