Sunday, October 10, 2010

Up coming Christmas Swap

This is a photo of one of my friends granddaughter.
Isn't she pretty??

Nadine and I have been talking and I think I will hold two swaps for the Christmas Holidays. One will be the winning vote.. the Fat Quarter swap. The second swap will be the Mug Rug. For those that live out of the United States.. this Mug Rug swap might be a tad expensive.. I am think about one of the requirements on this mug rug swap is to have a Mug to go along with the rug. This is not decided yet.
If you want to sign up for both swaps you will be required to send a separate email for each swap, because you will have a different partner for each swap. I have not decided on the rules yet.. this is only a post to get you thinking about what you want to do.
I must insist that you have your swap completed on time!! All the Christmas swaps will be due at your partners house no later than Dec 15
th. This is an absolute must.. if you can not meet this dead line please do not sign up.
More to come in the near future.. regarding the rules to the swaps :)
Sign ups will start Nov 1st and will end Nov 15th.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, looking forward to learning more!

Carla said...

I like the mug and rug idea :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Oh, I'm in if the mug rug swap happens. I like the idea of sending a coffee cup with the mug rug.

Jennifer said...

I've never heard of a "mug rug" before. Are they just a smaller placemat? Or bigger coaster however you want to look at it. Is there a normal size to a mug rug? BTW, I am intrigued and want to do it when you start the swap!

Flat quarter swap... I know the details aren't out yet, but I was curious, would that be sending 1,2,3, ect... fq to one person or one to three people? I'm assuming Christmas fabric.

CountryGirl said...

Mug Rug Yey!!!!!!!! Im ready!!

NadineC said...

Hi Jennifer - a Mug Rug is approximately 4" x 8" - large enough for a cuppa of your favorite beverage, plus room for a couple cookies or other treat. There have been other Mug Rug Swaps and there's a Flickr group pool of pictures from those swaps, which you can probably locate by Googling "Mug Rug Flickr" or similar. I stumbled across one of the swaps and APP and I thought it would be fun to have one of our own, not to mention they would make great Christmas gifts!

simple country living! said...

Sounds like fun to me! I would be interested!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the explanation Nadine.