Chocolate Chip Scones
Try this spin on a traditional scone. The chocolate adds a rich depth of flavor.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional sugar
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 24 scones.
Recipe found at All Chocolate click Here to visit ;)