Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Need a better way to store Ribbons?

I found this fun and quick way to store all those pesky ribbon spools. I thought I would share it with you. I for one need to have a quick and easy project. I am an instant gratification sort of gal theses days. I think that is why I do so many small easy projects when it comes to sewing any more. In My Own Style had this posted up on her blog. She says you need the following items to make this quick and easy project.

2 equal lengths of chain

Cafe style curtain rods

2- S Hooks (2 eye hooks to screw into a ceiling or wood shelf if you don’t have wire grid shelving shown in the photo)



A close up view on how the rods go into the chain.

I can't imagine that this fun project would cost very much. The little lamp chain is very reasonable and so are the cafe rods ;) Besides if you had to you could do this project in stages. buy the chain.. a couple of rods and then add on as you got a few pennies together ;) So run out there and make your self a nifty way to hang up those pesky ribbon spools.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that idea! I'm definitely going to rig one up.
thanks So Much.

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Great idea!

Sherry said...

Great Idea

CJ said...

Another great idea! Thanks,
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

angiesraggedypatch said...

How clever!
hugs~
angie

maria said...

Such a smart idea.