Monday, March 9, 2009

I joined in on a Siggy block swap :)

FIRST SET

I finished both of my Siggy block swaps this weekend and I thought I would show everyone the finished product. It was a nice challenge for me. As I don't do much quilting yet. But as I have stated before I am going to start doing more of in the near future. So ladies I might be doing some block swaps on my blog along with my other swaps. Depends if I can run two swaps at a time without much trouble... So that means if you join in on swaps we have to all have our items out on time ;) As I know all of my girls are good at getting their aprons out on time... so I don't think I have anything to worry about if I hold two swaps at a time :)
These lovely blocks :) were 6 1/2 inch square blocks. The first swap had 60 blocks to exchange and the second round had 24. The 24 was because more asked to play after the closing date :) I had so much fun making the first set I joined in on the second set.
I have to tell you the second set went together so much faster and so much easier than the first set. I discovered if I put those no-stick clear pads on the bottom of the rulers they did not slip when I use the rotary cutter. When I made the first set the ruler would slip and then that wonky block was over the shoulder and I would have to start over. I had a lot of trash blocks, up until the last 10-12 blocks... stupid me for not thinking of that sooner. ;)
There were 5-6 of us that did both block swaps. So I should have plenty of different ones to make a wonderful fun quilt :) There are blocks coming from all over the world.
Fantastic!!!
It was a lot of fun too!!!!


SECOND SET

Now tell me ... should one use sashing strips and corner stones on blocks like this???? What would you suggest my little quilters!

2 comments:

Tulsi said...

I'm so far, as I have not had time to chicken out, taking a beginning quilting class next month. I have two finished quilt TOPS that my great grandma did and dresden plates that aren't finished. I'd love to pass them down to my three kids. I WANT TO QUILT SO BADLY!!! Good for you!!!

Val said...

I am just a beginner quilter and if you look at my blog you can see I have been very frustrated with a couple of blocks that I am working on right now. But I will keep working until I get them. I am wanting to take another quilting class also. Your siggys look great. I did the first swap. Mine are finished and just waiting on Connie with further instructions. It was so much fun though & I loved the experience. Thank you again for the award. I have posted it in my sidebar with a link to your blog.