Monday, July 13, 2009

I Joined .. won't you join in the fun too..???


I could not help myself.. I am blaming this one Jane.. from the spook-tacular block swap!!!I had to join in on this Siggy block swap. I had such a fun time with my last siggy block swap.. I just had to participate in this one!!! I think its so much fun when you receive the finished blocks.. you get to meet new women and you get so many different
wonderful fun blocks. Below is some of the stuff you need to know to participate in the block swap. If it looks or sounds like fun.. just click on the photo above to go to the link to sign up ;)


Block Directions:
1. You may choose any light colored fabric of your choice for backgrounds. Cut your backgrounds into 3 1/2″ squares.
2. You may use any civil war reproduction fabric for your corners. Cut 2 squares at 2 1/2″ . Draw a diagonal line through the center and pin in place in the upper left and lower right hand corners. Sew on the diagonal line.
3. Trim off corners at 1/4″ and press open.
4. Sign your name and city/state diagonally in the center of the block with a permanent fabric marker.
Untitled
Rules so far:
1. Closing date to sign up will be August 31, 2009
2. Sign up open to all U.S. residents only (i think shipping would be too high overseas right?)
3. All blocks will be sent to me with a self-addressed stamped envelope to have the swap blocks sent back to you.
4. All blocks will be mailed to me by November 31, 2009
5. Amount of blocks you will make is dependent on how many participants we get signed up.

5 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

xoxooxxo

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I joined too :)

Khris said...

you are just a swap junkie aren't you...LMAO...I wish I could join too but I have to be realistic and not....hope all is well over your side of the world...hugs Khris in Oz

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I did a siggy block swap a few months ago. These blocks are fun to make. But since I'm not a fan of civil war prints, I won't participate this time.

Pamela Kieffer said...

I could not resist. The last one - when the blocks came I was really thrilled. I don't have Civil war prints but it's worth the ten bucks to get a yard of fabric for this project. Have fun. Pam K