Friday, November 6, 2009

Never too early to think about Christmas ;)


Fabric Covered CD Coasters
Click Photo to go to tutorial at
Mojo and Co's blog

Oh my goodness isn't this a fabulous idea??? I wish my brain had thought of this very clever item!!! But alas I found it on Mojoandco :) I was thinking this was be such a fun and quick project... You could make them as gifts for the ladies at the office. Now don't forget those men!! They would like one on their desk too.. make it with manly man camo material :) You could use any color of fabric. Yes ladies another way to use up some of that scrap fabric stash. Also you would be going green by using up those worn out Cd's. No to mention it would cost next to nothing for a wonderful gift item. Heck go wild make a set of four for your friends ;) You could put them in a handcrafted fabric box or lacy fabric envelope. I even thought of another thing that you could do... where the black fabric is.. well you could glue down a small round piece of cork to catch all of the moisture ;)
Now to find a tutorial for something fun to put them into :)
I am still amazed!! Awesome fun!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a great idea!!

Soggibottom said...

Christmas is DAYS AND DAYS AWAY...........I have had to start hunting around the cottage for all the Christmas gifts I have hidden.

I'm still looking for half of them.
I never realised I had so many hidey holes......

I like the coaster idea, especially as you can make them so "personal".

I could probably hide hundreds of these. x x x