Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heart pumping, voice screaming and eyes bugging!!

I went skipping out to the mail box yesterday. Hopped down the east set of steps, and returned to the front door via main steps. I was walking along looking at the mail when all of a sudden what did my eyes spy. Yes my eyes popped out of my head and I let out a screech!!! Here is what I almost ran into or I should say Pitty came to face to face with:

This baby was huge.. I have seen this type of spider hanging around the porch before. I think they are about a good three inches in size. These spiders are rather pretty if they don't scare the wits out of you!! I don't have a clue as to what type he/she is .. but I do like spiders they eat all the nasty little bugs I don't want hanging around the Ranch :) After finding this huge spider... Pitty and I loaded up in the truck to ship off our Halloween Annie... Ua Hum as you noticed.. I said I shipped off my Annie who is due on the 24th. Just a small hint ladies as I was on vac and I still managed to get her out on time :) So if you haven't gotten your swaps done they are late as of Sat. (Ps Sorry ladies but your Apron swaps are now late) My aprons have had prior arrangements made before my vacation. They knew they would be late. But I have both of them cut and ready to sew. I hope to get them completed before the weeks out. Ok back to the story!! I was driving along and all of a sudden the Pitty stopped dead in her tracks. I looked down to the consolee where she was looking and Oh mY LorD JeSuS there was the biggest Black Hairy almost 2 inch spider you ever saw in your life. In my mind this spider was bigger and hairier than the werewolf of London... And his toofies/ fangies were as long and pointy as the Seattle Space Needle... He was huge!! I went left to center and slammed on the breaks as it was headed toward my leg. Thank goodness there was a magazine on the seat. Let me tell you I almost wet myself on that spider!! I am not a sissy girl by any means of the word. I am fearless but that dang thing scared the Ba Jeebazes out of me. It was a good thing that there was no on coming traffic.. I would have been in a wreck for sure!!! Anything that happened after that was uneventful...

Oh I should not forget here is a photo of my finished siggy blocks ;}


The swap requirements were 70 finished blocks that were 3 1/2 inches using civil war prints. They are due Nov 1st. I started them this weekend and got them completed in time to mail out for the due date ;) Yeah I am so happy about that!!! I really didn't think I would make that date.. for shipment. I tried to drop out..but the hostess said no worries if I was very close to due date. I purchased my fabric when I was in Ca.. so that made them all the more special to me when I made them :) Mother and I went to Mt Diablo to this very quaint quilting shop. It wasn't a very big shop but it had a ton of activity. They were holding a class and there were fabrics and finished quilts everywhere. They had rows and rows of civil war prints. I bet there was over 500 prints to choose from. It was hard making a choice so that is why I picked out two prints to use :) Its hard to tell from this photo but the print I used is little hearts. I am very excited to see the blocks that I will get in return. After seeing all those prints.. it will be fun to see what ones were used.


5 comments:

Carin said...

That is the nastiest looking spider ever ewww!

Anonymous said...

I think they are called wolf spiders. They can get huge. Pam

Unknown said...

I have these spiders all around my house and I love them!! I take pictures of them all of the time because they are so colorful! They are garden spiders, they mean no harm to humans, but they take care of all of those annoying bugs for sure!!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Damn! A spider is a spider. They give me the absolute willies. I WOULD have peed my pants seeing either of those. In fact, I nearly peed my pants reading about them. Stay in a sew today. Do not venture out.

Diana said...

EWWWW..LOL I am not a fan of spiders..yep that is a garden spider. Wolf spiders are the big hairy ones that run super duper fast, the females carry their offspring on their backs..THOSE Wolf spiders scare me the most, ICK!! thanks for sharing LMBO :) Diana