Sunday, August 9, 2009

OH My GoodNess!!!


I have spent the last 5 1/2 hours sorting blocks.. Geeeeeeze I'm tired. I still have to close the packaging. (Yikes that took another hour and a half...) But I felt like I needed a break. I have to tell you I loved all of the blocks that were received. They were awesome. It was too bad we had several people not send blocks or just didn't complete the swap after signing up. I ended up with enough sets to have 40 different blocks for each person. Sorry to say I am having to send back one entire block set back to one swapper. I hope that swapper understands. I did the first come first sign up sort of thing :) When it came to people sending in two sets. I know a lot of you made two to help me get to that 40 swappers goal ;) Everyone has one of each swappers blocks. It has been a lot of fun doing this swap.. although I think I will have to do some adjusting on the block requirements next time ;) This was a use up the scraps sort of swap.. The next block swap will be a bit more strict as far as the colors and materials ;) Anyway I plan on getting all the packages in the mail tomorrow afternoon :) Then its back to sewing the families Christmas Gifts. I want to thank all of you for the wonderful, sweet and thoughtful extras you sent to me for holding the swap.... All of you are the greatest :) Thank you ;)
I was looking at the cost factor on the Nephews Art bag.. It will cost a fortune.. Because I don't have half of the required stuff...... I think I might skip that right now. The iron in fleece is expensive.. I can start preparing for it with cents off coupons this next year at Joann's and Hancock's. Yes I am a tight wad.. I try to save everywhere I can. That is why I like to do so many of my swaps as....... use up the scraps and recycle swaps ;) Ok back to the packages.. then its to work on my nakie doll .. I need to get that finished up. She is due soon. ;)
I will be leaving the blog posts with the blocks shown for a few more weeks then I am going to delete them... as the photos are taking up a lot of my photo allotment here on blogger... I do hope you look at the old post to see who made your blocks ;) Hugs.. thanks for playing in my swap :)

5 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

I am soooo looking forward to receiving that package you've been working on today - even if it does add to my growing list of ufos. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh I'm so excited to receive my assortment of blocks! Sorry to hear that some people didn't follow the rules after signing up. But glad you had enough to send a nice variety to everyone who did participate. It will be fun to see what everyone does with their blocks. Thanks again for doing all the hard work!

MGM

shelia said...

Can't wait to see some pictures when their finished. Didn't have the time to do it myself...so i'm going to "live" thru this quilt with you all!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Thank you for all your hard work, I cannot wait to receive the blocks!! It was a super fun swap!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

So sorry to hear of your disability troubles. That stinks! And the chaos at the post office. That sounds like something that would have happened to me. I'm so sorry. At least the swap is over and that is off your shoulders! Take care and rest! Can't wait to see my blocks! Thanks again for hosting this swap. Jenn