Sunday, May 23, 2010

Did I get thrown in Boot Camp

What do you think of the big Banana??
It hauled the little bob cat that helped do the hard work today ;)
LoL this is the truck I fell off of in the city of Greensberg right after the huge tornado that litterly wiped out that small town. Bubba and I was making trips over to haul off all the damaged autos. It had been raining and oops I slipped right off the top step to the ground. I am sporting my own Greensberg scar... It's the size of a very large potato chip. Bubba was scared.... he thought I might have broken my back. ..... because I feel right on it. I got the wind knocked out of me for sure. It's sort of funny I just layed there.. I didn't move for the longest time. I think I was stunned. When I did get up my entire body was on fire. Mostly my arm hurt from getting most of the hide ripped off of it. LOL but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about today... Bubba was a sweetie~~~ he came to help his ole sister out!

I don't know about you .. but there was a very tough gal I had to work for today. Her name was Aunt Pitty Pat!! She had me up at Oh dark thirty hours to meet her brother outside to do a hard job. Thank goodness Bubba was smart enough to get some friends to come along and help!! It has been years since there has been any type of tree trimming going on at the Oleo Ranch.

We had to pull up lots and lots of saplings that was in the gardens next to the house. As you can see it was loaded with them. I was very concerned about the basement wall, with all of those tree roots. Here is a photo of us just getting started for the day. Thank goodness it was cloudy and over cast, because it was hot and muggy outside. In the mid to upper 80's.


Here is what its starting to look like after almost all of the trees have been pulled out. Yes there still is clean up to do but Aunt Pitty Pat wore me out.. I had to stop after 4 hours. Remember I am old and grey.. not to mention I have been sick recently :)

Here is down the side of the house.. as you can see by the photos there is still a lot of work to be done as far as the grooming and removing unwanted trees. But this was a fantastic start to getting the job done!!

4 comments:

NadineC said...

Wow! That looks like a lotta work! Good thing you gots some help :-) Mid-80s, eh? It's overcast, gloomy, and chilly here...

Hugs,
Nadine

Shawnee said...

Wow, that's a lot of work!

Jindi's Cottage said...

That APP is a slave driver...forcing you to get up in the dark and work so hard when you could be sewing *LOL*

Certainly makes a difference when the clean up starts doesn't it....any chance of a hop over to the other Oz (the one Down Under) for a go at my place? He he he.

Doris Sturm said...

Hmmmm....looks like too much work for me - let the trees grow and crawl into the basement - the more the merrier ;-)

Nah, I guess it needs to be done!

Stay well, APP!