Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gone to the Dogs :)

I think my City has the right idea for its employees :) I have always said my City is a very progressive town. Recently one of our retired personnel returned to work.. She couldn't stand it being home all day.... Returning to work is an arson investigator.. a dog. Yes I said it was a dog :) We now have a Stress Management dog in our Human Resources Department. Jodie continues to report to duty serving as a stress reducer for the City employees. When ever people come into HR they see Jodie and can't help but smile. Our City maybe the only town in the nation that has a stress management dog for the employees. Jodie is used to working and she missed the routine. Coming to work one day a week seems to fill a void that provides her the opportunity to serve. We all look forward to each day she is in the building. I can tell you she receives lots and lots of attention. I for one am very glad I get to continue to see her. I missed riding up in the elevator each day with her. She is one love-able creature ;)

6 comments:

Cora said...

Sweet! How much do they pay her and is that with or without benefits!!?
It's nice to be different from the norm.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love it.

Soggibottom said...

With a smile like that how could she not do her job x x x

Julia said...

How cool is that? Awesome to have such a good coworker and animal in the office. :)

NadineC said...

Having met her in person :-) I think that the Pitty would also be a good choice for the job - she should be allowed to go to work with you every day :-)

CC said...

That's the most wonderful idea ever.
Our sweet furry friends are just so filled with love,they can take away stress in a minute...just by being.