Monday, February 9, 2009

*Teacups and Teapots*

Hey little bloggie friends... I thought I would take a wee break. I have been sewing since before the sun came up and I sewed this lovely apron for a swap off of Swap-Bot its due next week :)
This little apron is made with all cotton fabric. The fabric has little teacups and watering cans all over it :) The red fabric is splotched with little white hearts. I think it turn out rather nice considering I did some new techniques to me. What was the new technique you ask???? I made my own double bias tape!!!! I have learned one thing it takes a bit of time to make bias tape this small. I think the next time I make it ... I will make it 1/2 inch instead of 1/4 inch. Making something new to me was a lot of fun though. I got on the net and researched how to make continuous bias stripping. It was pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it. But like I said took me about 2 hours to make the bias... way to long for a give away apron... Or maybe not :) Depends on who is getting it I suppose :)!!!! Now I am off to the next project to do some research. I joined a swap where I have to make 60 siggie quilt blocks. I am going to get the measurements and start those today. They are not due until Tax Day (April 15th)...but with Booming Aprons, My two swaps, and making my PIF's and my toy society toys... I need to get those started right away. I don't want to wait until the last minute to get them done. I was in a few more swaps on Swap-Bot for aprons.. but it seems all I do is sew for someone else. So I dropped out of about three swaps there. I think its time for a break on Swap-Bot. So I better get with it on the things I need to sew today :)
Until next time....

When a man is finally boxed in,
and he has no choice,
he begins to decorate his box :)

1 comments:

Tulsi said...

I love anything in red!! This is so cute.