Thursday, January 15, 2009

FACTS TO PONDER:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.
Now think about this: Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188 Statistics courtesy of the FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, we have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I love this. I worked for attorneys for 36 years and many of those in the medical malpractice area. You would NOT believe the stories I could tell. Makes me shudder and "ponder" every time I have to go in for something.

Thanks for the chuckle.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hee,hee,hee,
I guess the old apple a day keeps the doctor away should keep fruit sales on an up after reading that!!!

Betty aka Fudgie said...

Hello, Have I missed the swap partners info? Sorry to be a pain, but I couldn't find your e-mail so I patched this onto the comments.
Betty

Back Porch Blessings said...

Thanks for sharing.........
I was not feeling well all day but after reading this I can almost feel myself healing, lol.

By the way thanks for you words of encouragement you left me, I don't know what I am going to do for now, just continue staying home and raising kids and doing all my crafting and sewing. God knows what is best for me so I will continue to pray for guidance.
Hugs, Kathy