Friday, January 30, 2009

A Project for me... Isn't this wonderful????

I was surfing on the web when I came across this stunning apron.

I tell you its fabulous... I just have to have one of these lovely and functional aprons. There is no pattern to purchase, but with my sewing skills and my ability to design my own aprons.. I think I can make this one just by the snap of my fingers :)

Unless one of my sweet bloggie apron loving friends wants to come to my aid and make one for me :o) :o) :o)

I even have some vintage tape measures to use along the bottom edge of this wonderful sewers apron. Heck I just might make a pattern for it and sell it :) No that would not be fair... it was out of someone else's collection. Which if she was smart she would market it!!!!! But I do adore it.

Hummm thinking twice about making a pattern of it with a few changes.

Well for now I am going to copy it like it is and make one for me :) I just love how the scissors and pincushion, thread, and the possible little pouch for buttons are attached to it. ( I really can't tell what the 4th item is) The designer used what looks like bias strips... she added a button and button hole to hold the items in place.. It looks like it is a solid two fabric skirt..but wouldn't that pink be lovely as a huge pocket with different sections to add other sewing items??????

I am so excited I found this lovely little jewel :)

Enjoy this lovely apron my sweet apron lovers!!!!
In fact lets all make one :) I know I am!!!!!
If you make one please let us know here on this post so we can all go and look at your lovely creation!!!!
I will be reading all of the comments on this post.. I will even steal your photo of your apron and add it here too :)

7 comments:

Carla said...

That is just an adorable apron! I love the colors of it. The tape at the bottom could be made of tape measure ribbon. It wouldn't be as stiff.

Flor Larios Art said...

Great apron..hurry I want to see yours...

gin said...

very cute indeed. you make it so easy for us. You go find all the cute ideas and patterns and we just have it at our fingertips. This is too easy!!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Love the apron! I just noticed your snail moved. GREAT JOB!

Anonymous said...

Stopped by your blog to say hello. I am chuckling at all the funny cartoons. Cute & fun blog you have here.
The "Cootie Bug"

AwtemNymf said...

Oy- I love it! I want it! hahaha! Your right- it IS functional! Need one for sewing and one for baking!
ohhh- woman and her aprons!
Hugs!

fawndear said...

I was trying to do something similar for my apron swap partner, but I didn't think of the measuring tape at the bottom.

How adorable.